The Public Trustee provides Will making and Enduring Power of Attorney services to eligible concession holder or those subject to administration or protection orders where the Public Trustee is named executor or attorney.

Non-concession holders are no longer eligible to access the Public Trustee for Will making and enduring Power of Attorney services.

Eligible concessions

To be eligible you must either hold or receive one of the following:

Concession cards

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Gold Card from the Department for Veteran's Affairs (DVA)
  • Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
  • Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA)
  • War Widow
  • DVA Gold Card issued to a person with 80 or more overall impairment points under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004
  • Low Income Health Care Card
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card

Centrelink payments

  • Jobseeker (formerly known as Newstart Allowance)
  • Sickness Allowance
  • Widow Allowance
  • Youth Allowance
  • Partner Allowance
  • Parenting Payment
  • Special Benefit
  • Community Development Employment Project (CDEP)
  • New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
  • Austudy
  • Farm Household Allowance
  • War widow pension under legislation of the United Kingdom or New Zealand

I don't have any of these concessions

If you don't have one of these concessions, and have not been the subject of a SACAT administration order, or protection order, you will need to contact a lawyer, private trustee company or other alternative to help you with your Will making.

I have an existing Will or Power of Attorney with the Public Trustee

If you currently hold a Will or Enduring Power of Attorney with the Public Trustee and don't need any changes, your existing arrangement is not affected.

If you want to make updates to your Will or Enduring Power of Attorney, these will need to be made by a lawyer, private trustee company or other alternative that you contact yourself.

Your estate will still be administered by the Public Trustee if you have nominated us as your executor.