If you raise a concern or complaint, one of our staff will contact you to acknowledge this and you will be sent a written response.

There are some additional steps you can take to try and resolve your concern.

Contact your Public Trustee Officer

Speak with the officer you have been dealing with explain the problem to them. It is highly likely they will be able to resolve the issue quickly.

If the issue is not resolved, it can then be formally investigated and reviewed.

Your complaint will be recorded in our database and you will be sent an acknowledgement for your own records.

The relevant manager will investigate and a written response will be sent to you within ten working days. Some additional time might be required for the investigation and review if the situation is complex.

If you are unhappy with the response from the manager, you can request the matter be reviewed by the Public Trustee.

You must make this request in writing and send it to the Public Trustee, either by post or email.

The Public Trustee
GPO Box 1338
Adelaide SA 5001

Email: pt.enquiries@sa.gov.au

Ombudsman SA

If the matter is still not resolved, you can contact the Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman can help people who have complaints against the administrative actions of South Australian Government departments.

Public Advocate

If you, or the person you are assisting, have a mental incapacity and their issues have not been resolved through discussion with us, then you can contact the Office of the Public Advocate for assistance.


If you have received a positive service experience from our staff and would like to share that with us, we would be pleased to know about it.

Email: pt.enquiries@sa.gov.au